Pre-Diabetes Study - Males Only
We are investigating if a probiotic can help control blood sugar levels in men with higher than normal blood sugars (Pre-Diabetes)
- Male only study
- Aged 21-65
- Have either:
- High blood sugar levels
- Type II Diabetes that has been unmedicated for over 3 months
- If you are unsure of your current blood sugar levels, we can perform a free blood test in our clinic
Please complete the Pre-Screening Questionnaire to help us determine your eligibility for the study.
- Study Video
Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) is a method used to track glucose levels throughout the day and night. The continuous glucose monitor used in this study is the FreeStyle Libre. The small, circular device has a sensor wire that gets placed under the skin. The device stores glucose readings that can be transferred to mobile phones.
You will wear sensors on 2 occasions over the course of the study. Each sensor lasts for 14 days.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT)
- The OGTT involves placing an IV. This process involves inserting a thin tube, called a cannula, into a vein. This allows for multiple blood draws without the need for multiple needles.
- There will be 7 blood draws over the course of 2.5 hours.
- The blood draws take place before consuming a sugary drink and after. This is to get a baseline and then to measure the changes, if any, that occur.
- There will be an OGTT at visits 3 & 6
- COVID-19 Safety Measures
We realise that safety is the most important thing on everyone's mind right now. Click the link below to watch our vid for our safety measures to keep you and our staff safe when in our clinic.COVID Plan
Study visits take place in Atlantia Food Trials in 142. E. Ontario Suite 1200, Chicago, Illinois, 60611, USA.
For further information: