We are evaluating the effects of a non-digestible carbohydrate (similar to a dietary fiber) on its impact on gut health in people with Ulcerative Colitis
- Aged 18-75
- BMI 18.5-44.9
- Confirmed diagnosis of Ulcerative Colitis
- Taking mesalamine or purine analogues (These include medications such as Lialda, Asacol, Apriso, Pentasa)
- Mild-moderate symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis over the last 4 weeks
Please complete the Pre-Screening Questionnaire to help us determine your eligibility for the trial.
- Study Info
- The fiber that we are looking at for this study is called KB295, it is a food product, a non-digestible fibre (similar to dietary fiber)
- It comes in a powdered form that you mix with water and then drink
- You will be required to consume the product twice daily for 56 days
- Visits Info
- The first clinic visit lasts approx 90mins
- Subsequent visits last approx 45-60mins, with the over-the-phone visits lasting approx 25mins
- You will be required to provide 4 blood samples in the clinic over the duration of the study
- You will be required to provide stool samples at a number of time points over the 8 weeks
- For women of childbearing age, a urine sample and pregnancy test will be performed
- COVID-19 Safety Procedures
We realise that safety is the most important thing on everyone's mind right now. Click the link below to watch our vid for our safety measures to keep you and our staff safe when in our clinic.COVID Plan
- Check Your BMI
If you are unsure of your BMI, you can check it using the below link. It must be between 18.5-44.9 for you to be eligible for the study.BMI Calculator
If you recommend a family member or a friend to us, you will receive $100 if they are eligible and end up taking part in the study.
To refer someone:
- Tell them about our study.
- If they are interested in taking part, tell them to apply via the link above on our website or they can contact us directly if they prefer.
- Email, call or DM us to let us know that you have referred them.
Note: You don't have to be participating yourself to receive the referral fee & there is no limit to the number of referrals, you can refer as many people as you like.
Study visits take place in Atlantia Food Trials in 142. E. Ontario Suite 1200, Chicago, Illinois, 60611, USA.
For further information: