Vitafoods Europe is the annual leading event for the global nutraceutical industry. This annual gathering covers the entire nutraceutical supply chain.
ANDREA DOOLAN | CEO & Founder at Atlantia Clinical Trials
Andrea has over 20 years of experience in the industry. She has a BSc in Microbiology and Higher Diploma from NUIG. Her early career experience as Clinical Trials Coordinator for the Harvard AIDS Clinical Trials Group at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston was formative in establishing her future professional direction. Thereafter, she returned to Ireland as Clinical Trials Manager with the APC Microbiome Ireland, University College Cork wherein she played a leading role in the development of Atlantia, fully transitioning the business out of UCC in 2013. Andrea was awarded the Matheson WMB Female Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2018, in acknowledgment of her innovative business leadership skills.
Andrea leads Atlantia sales and operations from their headquarters in Cork, managing the US and Irish clinic sites and an expert team of medical professionals, nutritionists, business development, and operational personnel.
BARRY SKILLINGTON | CCO at Atlantia Clinical Trials
Barry has over 25 years’ experience working in the food sector in both product and business development, in Ireland and the USA. He has spent the last seven years at Atlantia as CCO, where it is today as one of the leading Food Clinical Trials companies.
SHAUNA CUSACK | Sales Executive at Atlantia Clinical Trials
Shauna Cusack joined Atlantia Clinical Trials in 2018 as a Sales Executive. She has a B.Sc in Food Science from UCD and has worked in the food industry for over 10 years in both research and development and technical sales. Prior to Atlantia, she was living and working for 6 years in the USA, gaining invaluable experience. She now resides back in Ireland working with Atlantia’s dynamic sales team.
MEREDITH HOLT | National Sales Manager at Atlantia Clinical Trials
Meredith has 25 years in the healthcare sector working in the Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical industries. She has dual master’s degrees in both Exercise Physiology and Clinical Nutrition and is also a Certified Clinical Nutritionist.
Meredith joined Atlantia in March 2021 as the National Sales Manager for the US clinic in Chicago, IL.
- 2019 - Vitafoods Europe - Geneva - 7-9th May
More than 22000 visitors, 1200 exhibitors attended this venue that approaches key industry trends, regulations and best practices to help make informed business decisions. The main topics discussed in different workshops, conferences, tours and more activities.
Watch the presentation
- Consumer behaviour stages: specific nutritional needs that are vital and unique at different stages of a person’s life.
- New ingredients and products: Innovative nutraceutical ingredients and raw materials, as well as the latest functional food and functional beverages, are showcased, allowing you to evaluate the best product ranges to hit the market in the future.
- Probiotics Resource Centre: the latest breakthroughs in probiotic technology, new product development, consumer analysis and market trends through the exhibitors.
- Omega-3 Resource Centre: a wide range of content including presentations, infographics, interactive visual displays and product showcases.
- Sports Nutrition: a presentation theatre, sampling bar, product showcases and much more.
- Packaging development: the latest developments within packaging displaying the evolution of product delivery systems for dietary supplements, sustainability, convenience and clear label.
Our Regulatory Officer, Steve Morrison, presented an overview of EFSA Health Claims and Human Intervention Studies. Watch the recorded presentation here: https://atlantiaclinicaltrials.com/webinars/efsa-health-claims-webinar
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) states that human intervention studies are ‘central’ to health claim substantiation and are also the ‘top of the hierarchy’ that informs decisions. Just how much data is necessary to deliver a positive health claim opinion and what can we learn from tracking past published opinions of EFSA’s NDA Panel. What are the key deliverables for any human intervention study or package of human studies?